In this tutorial we are going to teach you, how you can install a device application to your Nokia N97 Mini mobile phone. Once you connect your handset with the PC through the USB Cable and run the Ovi Suite application, you will find a message on the right side corner of the suite which would alert you to install applications. Click on install to proceed.
Next you will find that the software would display you a ‘Preparing’ message along with a list of all the applications which its recommending you to install. Here is a list of the default apps the software would recommend you.
- Here and Now : Here and now offers easy-to-use web services related to your current location.
- Nokia Messaging : Nokia Messaging mobilises your existing personal e-mail accounts to your Nokia mobile device. With Nokia Messaging, e-mails from your favourite accounts will be automatically delivered to your device making it very easy to stay in touch with friends, anytime, anywhere. It is easy to discover the service on your device, easy to set up in three simple steps and very intuitive to use as it replicates the e-mail experience on your desktop. For information about Nokia Messaging and how it makes mobile e-mail easy, go to: http://email.nokia.com.
- Ovi Music : With Ovi Music you can discover and download new music on your mobile device.
- Scribble : Scribble is a simple Python based paint application with basic features like Erase, Set line width, Save, and fourteen colors to choose from. By installing this application, you will also install Python runtime on the device (if it is not already installed). Python is needed to run the Scribble application.
- Time Zone Update : Enhanced version of time zone data.
All the applications would be downloaded through the Internet Connection which is available on your PC. Once a app is downloaded, its installed and then the next app process is started. This is a very simple way you can install applications which are essential for your mobile phone easily through the Nokia Software.